Seneca Search (TOG) aims to provide complete clarity to both candidates and clients when processing personal or special categories of data. This summary provides a comprehensive look at how Seneca Search obtains, store and utilise your data for the purposes of providing recruitment and value-added career development services.
All activity on senecasearch.co.uk (our website) is logged and monitored to help keep personal information secure and to ensure that Seneca Search complies with its obligations under the Data Protection Act 1998 (the DPA) and the General Data Protection Regulation (the GDPR) from May 2018.
Deemed Reasonable Data Use
- If we collect your information for a specific purpose, we will use it only for that purpose or for any other purpose that you have consented to in advance.
- We will be transparent in our dealings with you collecting and using your information only where we have lawful or legitimate business reasons to do so
- We will always be clear on how we collect and use your information and we will not ask for more information than we need for the purpose
- We will update our records when you tell us that your details have changed, and we will also review your personal information to ensure we don’t keep it for longer than is necessary
- If you ask us to delete your information we will do so unless there is a lawful requirement which prevents us from doing so. If we cannot delete your data, we will advise you of this and provide you an opportunity to request reconsideration of that decision.
- Where we delete your personal data, we will ensure it is securely disposed of at the end of the appropriate retention period
- We will observe your rights under applicable privacy and data protection laws and will ensure that queries relating to privacy issues are dealt with promptly and transparently
- We will train our staff on their privacy obligations and ensure that we have appropriate security measures to protect your information regardless of where it is held
What Information do we hold about you? and how we will use it?
We will collect personal and other data about you to allow us to provide our services to you. Personal data (such as your name, address and other contact details) and other data (such that contained in your CV and eRegistration) will be collected, stored, processed, used and disclosed by us so we can provide our recruitment and related services to you and this includes:
- Your registered details to visit and use our website
- Your preferences to receive information on other career development services provided by us on our website for example; Marketplace Insights, Training/ Personal Development Blogs and Added Value Events
- To keep you updated on matters related to the employment market generally
- To assess your suitability for vacancies where we believe you hold relevant skills and experience to be considered for a current vacancy
- Where you agree, to send your and CV to a client in response to a vacancy
- To enable you to use our website to submit your CV, apply online for jobs or to subscribe to our alerts that your skills and experience are relevant to
- Where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes, to help us to develop and market other career-enhancing services
- To help us to improve our customer services and to enhance your career development
- So we can respond to your questions and enquiries
- To third parties where we have retained them to provide services that we, you or our client have requested, this may include such things as seeking references, confirming qualifications or using criminal reference checking services and to verify third party details you may have provided to us
- To interact with regulatory or law enforcement agencies where we believe that we are required by law to disclose it in connection with the detection of crime, the collection of taxes or duties, in order to comply with any applicable law or order of a court of competent jurisdiction, or in connection with legal proceedings
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between us
From time to time we may seek your consent to process, use or disclose your information for any other purpose not listed above.
How long we retain information about you?
We are required by law to hold your information for as long as is necessary to comply with our statutory and contractual obligations and in accordance with our legitimate interests as a data controller.
Information around your individual data rights can be found below.
What Information do we receive from other sources?
- If you are a Registered OR Placed candidate, we may receive personal data about you from your previous employer(s) and this may include your contact details, date of birth, gender, employment details, health details, or financial information.
- We also work closely with a number of third parties, including sub-contractors, credit checking companies, analytics providers, software providers or payroll providers, and regulatory authorities or government departments, and may receive information about you from them.
- As a part of the above, if you are a member of a third-party employment platform OR Job Board, we have the opportunity to access personal data about you as part of a contractual agreement with that third party. By submitting your data to that third party you will have agreed to their privacy and use policies. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
- We may use and combine any of the information we receive or collect from you for any of our legitimate business purposes.
We will retain and process your personal information for as long as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements.
Passing on information about you to third parties
To operate effectively as a business, we may need to pass your information on to selected and trusted third parties. The third parties we may share information with are:
- our clients for the purposes of providing our recruitment services
- government bodies, departments or other third parties for research and statistical purposes
- third-party processors
- any third party where you have given your consent
- any third party to whom we may need to disclose personal information in order to comply with our legal, regulatory and statutory obligations. This may be as part of a legal process or to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, or situations involving potential threats to the physical safety, property or rights of any person.
Job Application(s) and CV(s) received from you in response to vacancies we advertise on a third-party site or ‘job board’ are transmitted and stored by our third-party gateway service provider.
- All data received through our third-party processor will also be stored within their system for a maximum period of 60 months for the purpose of visibility and subsequent CV job matching by Seneca Search.
- All data stored by the third-party processor is subject to the same rights of access or deletion as data stored by Seneca Search.
We will always ensure that any party to whom we disclose information for processing purposes has adequate security measures in place and we will also require them to comply with privacy principles as part of any contract with them.
Other third-party websites
We would draw your attention to the links on our website. We take all reasonable steps to ensure that any website that can be accessed via our website maintains the same standards of privacy exercised by Seneca Search. However, once you leave our website it is your responsibility to read the privacy statements of each website, before submitting any of your personal data.
This privacy statement applies solely to information collected and controlled by Seneca Search.
Security and safe storage of your personal information
Once we’ve received your information we will use appropriate procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Although we endeavour to protect your personal data at all times we can't guarantee the security of data transmitted over the internet. Any transmission of data is at your own risk.
Information supplied by you to us, or that we collect about you, may be transferred and stored by us or our third-party suppliers, contractors for the purpose of providing services to you outside the European Economic Area. Where this occurs we use the model clauses as issued by the European Commission or other appropriate safeguards where applicable. By submitting personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing.
We may monitor the use and content of emails, calls and secure messages sent from and received by us so that we can identify and take legal action against the unlawful or improper use of our systems. The main examples of unlawful or improper use are attempting to impersonate Seneca Search, the transmission of computer viruses and attempts to prevent this website or its services from working
How can you access, correct your information and withdraw consent?
Access and correct your data
- If you are a Seneca Search Website User, you can access/amend the personal information we hold via your website account, data stored in this profile can be limited.
- If you are not a Seneca Search Website User, you can create an account here and pull back to your online user account all personal data we hold on you. You can then choose to edit or delete your user account.
- If you are not a Seneca Search Website and do not wish to create a user account, you can email email@example.com to request details of the data we hold on you.
You are able to change your preferences relating to marketing communications from Seneca Search at any time, these communication types are as follows:
- Marketplace Insights via Email Contact
- Training/ Personal Development via Email Contact
- Employment/ Available Jobs via Email Contact
- Telephone Contact
- SMS Contact
- Postal Contact
If you are an Seneca Search Website user, you can do change preferences by logging into your user account and changing your data and communication preferences.
If you are not a Seneca Search Website user, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to amend your preferences.
- You may make a request to access the personally identifiable information that is held by us in our database. To do this you can email your request to email@example.com
- If you are a Seneca Search Website User, you can request deletion of the personal information we hold about you via your account dashboard.
In certain circumstances, you may also have the right to
- Request restriction of processing of such information
- Object to the processing of such information
- Request a copy of such information in a portable format
Freedom of information
To make a request for information under the Freedom of Information Act please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to:
Seneca Search, part of The ONE Group, 5 Axon Business Park, Commerce Road, Lynchwood Business Park, Peterborough, Cambridgeshire, PE2 6LR.
Comments and questions
Last updated: May 2018